Psychiatry in Central Denmark Region
Denmark is looking for skilled and dedicated psychiatrists
- Are you a medical specialist in psychiatry from a European university?
- Are you ambitious about your profession, and do you want to develop your skills even further?
- Do you find it easy to learn new languages and do you have the courage to establish yourself in a new country?
Psychiatry in Central Denmark Region – one hospital
Psychiatry in Central Denmark Region consists of 8 psychiatric departments which are located all over the region and together they constitute one hospital. Each department has its own management team on the premises, and the hospital management works in unison with the administration units in the city of Viborg.
The vacant specialist positions are located in the cities of Herning and Horsens. Both departments are part of the consolidated hospital. Therefore, you will be associated with both the local department and with colleagues in the other cities. Each department has both ward sections and outpatient clinics.
We treat all patient groups within Psychiatry and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, and in total we have 190,000 bed days and 247,000 outpatient visits a year. There is an approximate total of 3200 members of staff employed across many different professions.
In order to ensure the best possible treatment, psychiatry works in partnership with many different specialties in regards to the individual patient, even after the patient has been discharged. For example, the patient’s own GP, municipality, somatic hospitals, social services, and patient associations.
What do we offer?
- An ambitious professional environment and great colleagues, who look forward to welcoming you
- Thorough introduction to the department, hospital, language, and culture
- Instruction in the Danish healthcare system and legislation
- Ongoing supervision and guidance in professional, cultural and social issues.
- Intensive language classes in the beginning, followed by gradually increasing contact with the department
- Guidance in connection with moving abroad, accommodation, child care and networking
- Guidance regarding job search and networking for your spouse
There are excellent career and development opportunities in Central Denmark Region, and we emphasise professional and personal development. Competence development is an ongoing aspect of employment within Psychiatry.
You will be paid according to the collective agreement for doctors in Denmark, after negotiation with the relevant union. The monthly salary will be DKK 42,835 from the start of employment, increasing to DKK 57,345 when you have passed the Danish tests.
What are we looking for?
We expect you to have an interest in the development of psychiatry and to take active responsibility for examination, diagnosis and treatment of psychiatric patients. Furthermore, we expect you to be involved in the department and contribute positively to the continued development of a good working environment. All of this for the benefit of the patients and their treatment.
We are looking for specialist psychiatrists who have:
- a broad psychiatric education, with comprehensive treatment competencies in psychological, biological and social-psychiatric treatment methods
- experience and/or interest in the field of quality development
- experience and/or interest in the field of research
- experiecnce with teaching and guidance
Degrees of interest: Medicine - Healthcare, Sciences