Senior Research Scientist – Medicinal/Organic chemistry
Red Glead Discovery (RGD) is a preclinical drug development company with 25 employees located at Medicon Village in Lund, in Southern Sweden. Our focus areas are medicinal chemistry, synthesis of small molecules and peptides, chemical and bioanalysis, ADME and in vitro biology services offered to clients within the Life Science sector. Our customers are located in Scandinavia, Europe and USA.
We are expanding the business and offer a position as a medicinal/organic chemist. This is a permanent position and you will report directly to the Director of Medicinal Chemistry.
The chemist is responsible for contributing to the design and synthesis of small molecule compounds to support internal and client’s drug discovery and development projects. The work is lab-based and focused on (but not limited to) synthesis of small molecules for internal or customer assignments, thus the main activities are synthesis, purification, and chemical analysis (LC, MS and NMR) using standard, advanced and explorative procedures. Further, the chemist deals with development and troubleshooting of synthetic routes of target molecules and with documentation of laboratory activities and associated data in laboratory notebooks.
The chemist will play an important role with respect to design and synthesis in design-make-test cycles in Lead Identification and Lead Optimization projects. Thus, the chemist needs to be able to effectively communicate with project team members and clients – often in an international setting.
FURTHER, THE ROLE MIGHT ENTAIL
- Appropriate use of software, literature and databases for effective performance of work.
- On demand, contribution to patent applications by, e.g. patent searches, delivery of analytical data and writing of experimental procedures.
- Effectively providing input on chemical feasibility and resource allocation need for new small molecule internal or customer project proposals.
- PhD and/or MSc in organic synthetic chemistry, medicinal chemistry or related sciences
- Comprehensive and state of the art knowledge in modern synthetic methods
- High level of professional expertise in modern laboratory and analytical methods
- Knowledge of relevant software, literature and databases needed for work
- Proven track record of delivering results both independently and in team settings
- Working knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Effective communication (oral and written) skills
- Fluent in both written and verbal English and preferably also Swedish.
TRANSFERABLE SKILLS FOR BEING ABLE TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE ARE
- Service-mindedness and the will to work cooperatively with others
- Being able to follow instructions, solve problems independently, efficient prioritisation of own and other’s work, meeting deadlines
- Initiative to strive for continuous improvement, whenever indicated
- Structured way of working, meticulous recording of documentation
- Taking responsibility
WHAT CAN RED GLEAD DISCOVERY OFFER YOU?
Our company is a workplace where your knowledge and ambitions will be recognized and rewarded. You will be working in an international environment with possibilities to develop, both personally and professionally. You will be working in a team with like-minded people that share your attitude and enthusiasm.
Add to my event