MSL Oncology Multiple-Indications Nord Italia
At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us.
As a Medical Science Liaison Multiple-Indications (Nord Italia), you will play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
At AstraZeneca, we are committed to advancing the science of oncology to deliver life-changing medicines to patients most in need. With a combination-focused pipeline that exploits the power of four scientific platforms to help address unmet clinical needs in a host of cancers, we are motivated by a dedication to the scientific discovery and collaboration that will one day help eliminate cancer as a cause of death.
As Medical Science Liaison Multiple-Indications (Nord Italia) you will act as the first point of contact for any medical/scientific aspect or issue related to the assigned products by engaging in Scientific Exchange with AstraZeneca teams, Key External Experts, Health Care Professionals, and Clinical Investigators.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Multiple-Indications Therapeutic Area Lead, in the role of Medical Science Liaison Multiple-Indications (Nord Italia) you will engage with external experts to identify medical unmet needs, evidence gaps and gain insight, and delivers presentations in a non-promotional scientific context as determined by global / local Medical Affairs plans.
The role will comprise the following aspects:
- Supporting the Field Force in its relationship with medical target groups through a continuous updating on therapeutic aspects related to the relevant pathology and/or products (in cooperation with the Training Department)
- Providing medical input to Competitive Intelligence Department, including critical review of competitor data/scientific material
- Developing and maintaining contacts with Key External Experts of the assigned territory, and represent the main contact for any scientific/medical aspect
- Identifying local medical needs and define a Local Scientific Plan (LSP), according to the Italian and HQ strategies and policies, to be integrated into the local business plan
- Providing input and support to Medical Advisors/Medical Lead and Clinical Operations Team in sites selection and feasibility assessment for national/international trials, and in the management of potential issues related to the implementation and conduct of international/national trials
- Collecting and discussing with Investigators the proposal for independent studies (ESR Externally Sponsored Research) in the assigned territory and, according to SOP, filling in the relevant forms for the company’s evaluation and discussion
- Building partnership with Area/Field Manager to implement the LSP through regular contacts and team meetings
- Developing and maintaining contacts with Scientific Societies/Communities
- Maintaining regular contacts and support the Regional Access Managers (RAM) and the Local Access Managers (LAM) in the assigned territory to ensure alignment of Local Scientific Plans with regional plans through: relationships/scientific projects with regional Health Authorities and management of scientific issues related to the introduction of Company’s drugs into local formularies, respectively
- Other Activities:
- Providing support to the Field Force to guarantee high quality scientific standards in the relevant activities [e.g: planning organization and participation at regional scientific events (e.g. symposia and/or lectures during congresses for medical targets, etc.)].
- Supporting the Medical Advisers/Medical Lead and Patient Safety Department in the management of AEs (e.g collection of follow-up information).
- Managing medical information requests
- Acting as country delegate for assigned GMT activities (active participation and support as needed)
- Managing all activities and Account relationship according with Company Values, Code of Conduct, Guidelines/Internal procedures and Italian legislation
- Scientific Degree, Master or Doctorate Degree in the relevant field of study (Medical Degree highly preferred)
- Strong experience in the oncology field
- Strong experience within the pharmaceutical industry; experience within Medical Affairs or Clinical Development environment will also be considered
- Fundamental knowledge of basic research, drug development, clinical environment
- Thorough knowledge of the local regulatory requirements related to medical affairs activities
- Experience in mapping new TA(s) and product launch preparation and execution
- Communication skills, including communicating complex technical, scientific, or medical information
- Ability to work in team
- Leadership capabilities and interpersonal skills
- Networking and influencing skills
- Project management experience
- Understanding of written/spoken English
- Domicile in the working area
- Medical Degree
- Qualified Doctor in the relevant Therapeutic Area
- PhD in the relevant Therapeutic Area
- Previous experience as MSL or Medical Advisor or other activities within the Medical Department roles
- Experience in the oncology field
- Experience in clinical trials
- Expertise in the assigned clinical field
- Experience in product launch
- Proficiency in spoken English
Add to my event