DATA SCIENTIST (MR)
This role contributes to the production of advanced data analytics and bioinformatics deliverables for Vaccines R&D projects and ensure they are at the top of research and industry standards with respect to scientific excellence, quality and timelines.
He/She works as part of the Data Science and Clinical Systems function reporting Senior Data Scientists or higher roles in the function.
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities
The Data Scientist coworker integrates and analyzes complex, high dimensional data sets to extract biological knowledge relevant for Vaccines R&D.
He/She is able to use and develop state-of-the-art bioinformatics and data analysis tools to perform:
o Bioinformatics/data analytics activities for Vaccines R&D;
o Data and knowledge integration for hypothesis generation;
o Data modeling for innovative assays, high-dimensional readouts and microbial genomics;
o Development of tailored systems and analytical models for explorative analytics of pre-clinical, clinical, and epidemiological data;
o Development of analysis pipelines using combinations of heterogeneous, high dimensional datasets and tools;
o Advise on study design, readout selection and data formats, data analysis strategies;
o Preparation and publication of scientific papers and congress reports.
In addition he/she:
• Fosters innovation within DSCS and keep abreast of the new and most recent developments and innovations in the fields relevant for the role.
• Communicates results to internal stakeholders and scientific community, translating complex solutions into simple, understandable and effective messages.
PhD (preferred) or MS in Data and Computer Sciences, Complex Systems, Mathematics and Physics, Biological and Systems Engineering, Bioinformatics, Computational Life Sciences or equivalent.
• Good background knowledge in molecular biology
• Demonstrated proficiency / publication record in one or more of the following areas:
o computational and molecular epidemiology
o bio-informatics and genomics
o systems vaccinology and immuno-informatics
o data mining and machine learning
o computational / dynamic modeling
o high performance scientific computing infrastructures
• Good software programming and coding, data analytics and modeling skills
• Basic business understanding of the Pharmaceutical industry
• Good communication skills
• Teamwork spirit
• Well organized, eye for detail
• Able to complete tasks autonomously
• Resilient and focused
• Motivated and dynamic personality
Add to my event